Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Back on the Exercise Train

Just for the record I haven't been wallowing in self pity the last two weeks.  I was sad that the IUI cycle didn't work, but I have been dealing with it.  There are a few times that I thought about blogging but it just didn't ever happen.

My main focus has now turned to getting in better physical shape. Afterall, my goal is to do another IUI cycle as my reward for losing 20 pounds. ;)  As of last Wednesday I joined a gym.  I'm so excited about it.  I had been trying to work out at home but that wasn't working.  Starting Thurday I have been working out every day after work.  I took it pretty easy on Thursday and just used the elliptical for a little under an hour.  Since that went so well I decided to go full blast today. 

I felt great until I was about to leave. Then, my body revolted about the fact that I hadn't eaten in 6 hours.  I told someone at the front desk I wasn't feeling well and they had me sit down while someone got me a protein bar and something to drink.  They were all hovered around me until they made sure I was going to be okay.  I felt so bad about almost dying in front of everyone.  I learned my lesson that it isn't okay to skip my afternoon snack before working out.

3 comments:

Melis.sa said...

Woot about the exercise train!!!

Oh man, glad to hear you're okay!!

I think you'll feel better either way. Whenever I get depressed I know I haven't been moving enough.

Megan said...

Yay for exercise! I wish we lived closer so we could be exercise buddies. There is a house for rent just down the street, just to let you know. ;)

^J^ said...

Good for you! I really should work out more, but i
I'm too lazy :) Someday.....

Be careful skipping meals/snacks. Take care of yourself!