Monday, July 29, 2013

Turning into a Hippie

Lately I've been more and more interested in making everything I can for myself. I'm really starting to feel like the cause of my infertility might be all the toxic things I have around me. My doctor has advised me to avoid foods with added hormones. We've been trying to do this by eating organic as much as possible for at least eggs, dairy and meat. I also recently made my own deodorant. Regular antiperspirant deodorant has aluminum and is known to cause cancer so I decided that I need to stop using it. I don't want to be smelly though. Luckily I have a friend that recently gave me a recipe for coconut lime deodorant. Oh my gosh it smells amazing and it is so creamy and light. Best of all it lasts all day. I'm never going back to store bought deodorant. My most recent experiment was last night making yogurt. I've been wanting to do this for a while. I've really gotten into Greek yogurt and it is just so expensive so I thought I'd try making my own. It's not completely done yet, but so far I'm really excited with the results. I can't wait for it to finish straining so I can add some honey and have some delicious yogurt.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Cool! Most people say hippie like it's a bad thing. I'm proud to kinda be one. (i agree on the refusal to stink though) My mom got into making her own laundry soap & softener, it's not bad. Do you live anywhere near a Trader Joe's? All meat/dairy there is hormone free & nothing with the TJ's label has GMOs. :)

Julie said...

There are a couple Trader Joe's in the general area where I live. Unfortunately none of them are super close so I don't go there as much as I would like. I have enjoyed everything I've ever gotten there. I got the coconut oil I used in my deodorant from there.

Julie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.