Monday, January 5, 2009

We Arrived Safely

Just in case anyone is wondering we arrived in California safely. We had one mishap before our journey started. The moving truck wouldn't start when we went to leave on Sunday. It got too cold and the diesel fuel gelled up. Penske had to send someone over to tow it away and get it warmed up. On a positive note they payed for our hotel room and I decided to go with a room that had a whirlpool tub. Soren and I took turns spending the evening soaking in the tub. It was so relaxing!

After that we didn't have any problems. It was a little slow going through parts of Montana, but we got through okay. When we got to Nevada we had a marathon driving session and drove 13 hours in one day. Soren drove the moving truck and I drove our Isuzu Trooper.

We are moving in with my Dad for a while. The last few days have been spent cleaning out my Dad's house in preparation for us moving in. A lot has accumulated in the last 13 years he has lived there.