Sunday, May 31, 2009

Three Years

May 27th was our 3 year wedding anniversary. This day always means a lot to me for a couple reasons. First is the obvious reason: It was the day I married my wonderful husband. I am so grateful to have him in my life. He makes me so much better of a person by encouraging me to do my best. He also makes me laugh (even when I'm trying to be mad at him and I try not to laugh).

The second reason is that after we chose this date I found out it is my grandpa's birthday. He died before I was born, but I have always felt a connection to him that I can't explain. When I found out that our wedding was going to be on his birthday it seemed like the perfect choice.

I can't believe it has already been 3 years. I still feel like a newlywed in some ways. In other ways it feels like I have been married to Soren for a long time because he has become such a part of me that I can't imagine my life without him.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our wedding day:

I think of this as the classic fairy tale kiss.

Here is our delicious cake. It is by far the best wedding cake I have ever had. Usually they look good, but taste terrible. This one was great inside and out!

Soren and my brother Jeremy being goofy. I think Jeremy looks like he is trying to model underwear.

I love the glow this picture has. This is actually the reason why I chose of photographer. I instantly feel in love with the back lighting I saw in other pictures he had taken. Also, I think this picture is just downright cute with our noses touching and us smiling.

The first picture of us as a married couple.

A picture of my best friend, Megan, and me.

8 comments:

Robin said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

You are right. You had a great photographer! That makes such a big difference..!

~*JaYmE*~ said...

Happy Anniversary!! Your wedding pics are beautiful. I love that cake!

Megan said...

Happy Anniversary!! Three years down, eternity to go;)

Beth got married yesterday. It was so nice. (I was going to add more to that sentance, but it is so hard to put in words.) I think what I liked was the reminder that marriage can work and it's supposed to, and it's easy if you are focused on the other person instead of yourself.

I love your pictures!! And the cake was awesome. I remember it was hard to narrow down the pictures that would go in your album.

Steph said...

Happy anniversary! :)

A good photographer is a great thing, she captured how happy & in love you two are. Pretty cake too!

Anna and Dusty said...

You two are such an sweet couple. Julie you look just stunning! Happy Anniversary!

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

Wow! 3 years. It does seem like such a long time at this moment. Then you think of others who have been married for 50 or 60 years. I hope I'm able to do that.

For the dresses, you can drop the pillow cases or material off, or I can pick them up. Either way it's be great to see ya!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary you 2 lovebirds!

Jakenaddie said...

congrats on three years! Your wedding day seemed to be a dream one! You looked so beautiful....and you still are so beautiful!