Sunday, August 9, 2009

Getting Some Motivation

If you remember, a little over a month ago I decided to get serious about losing weight. I was doing a little better and lost a few pounds in a month. However, two weeks ago I found some major help in my quest to let the skinny person who is trapped inside of me free.

The night of the No Doubt concert my best friend told me about a free website that she had joined. It's called My Fitness Pal. It helps you by having software to log what you eat and how much you exercise. I signed up for it the day after she told me about it because it sounded like it might be a really helpful tool.

I have now been using it for 2 weeks and have already lost 5 pounds! I love the website. It is the most helpful thing I have ever found to help me lose weight. It really helps to see what you are eating every day because then you are more conscious of what you are putting in your mouth.

The exercise tool is also wonderful because it helps you to be more motivated to exercise. I love seeing how many calories I have burned by doing a certain type of exercise. It is also great because exercising gives you more calories that you can eat for the day. This helps to stop the feeling that comes with most dieting that you are starving yourself.

Another thing that really motivates you is that after you are done logging your calories for the day it tells you how much you will weigh in 5 weeks if you eat like that day every day. If you have a great day it encourages you to continue eating well and exercising. If you have a bad day it helps you realize that you need to do better tomorrow.

I'm sorry if I sound like an infomercial. I'm just really excited about how much it has already helped me and the prospect of losing some major weight. I'm not thinking of this as a diet, but as a lifestyle change. Watch my weight loss ticker keep counting all the pounds I have shed! I'm already looking forward to fitting back into my cute skinny clothes.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Hey, thanks for the tip! I'm on day 5 of my diet right now and hating it. It would be nice to feel more motivated!

Misty Dawn said...

I'm so glad we are all dieting together. Unlike TTC, hopefully we will see some results!

Misty Dawn said...

I'm so glad we are all dieting together. Unlike TTC, hopefully we will see some results!