Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me

Today is my birthday. I am now 27. I never pictured that life would be like it is now. I thought that I would have a decent job by this age and at least one kid. It's funny how life never goes as planned. Oh well, I'm not feeling sorry for myself (at least not that much). Sorry if it came across as me being a whiny.

As you can see from above on my weight loss ticker: I have been doing well with eating smaller portions and exercising. I'm so proud that I have lost 8 pounds in the last 3 weeks. Yay for me! I decided to give myself a free day since it was my birthday and didn't worry about how many calories I consumed. I definitely went over, but not by that much. I didn't exercise today, but if I had it would make up for what I overate.

I'm feeling optimistic about what the near future might hold. I have recently had two people tell me they would give me a good referral to the companies they work for. I put in applications to both places and hopefully I will hear back from at least one of them. I also have another person that told me that their friend's work is hiring. I really hope I can get a decent job soon. I am really hating my current job. However, I do keep reminding myself that I am lucky to even have a job.

I hope this next year of life has some good changes in it and that whatever happens I will have a good attitude.

6 comments:

Jakenaddie said...

Good luck with those jobs! I would hire you in a heartbeat! And, good job on 8 lbs.! Some might think 8 lbs. isn't a whole lot, but it is! It's noticeably different, you rock! Keep up the good work!!
OH, AND A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY DEAR!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Julie !!! I hope this year brings you much love & happiness !

Congrats on the weight loss, I also jumped on the "my fitness pal" bandwagon since you posted the link, so thank you :)

((((((HUGS))))))))

Richelle & Mike said...

Hope you had a great birthday Julie! You definitely deserve to indulge a bit! And big congrats on the weight loss. Looks like you've found what works for you!

Megan said...

Save up you calaries for Thursday! Leatherby's awaits!

Robin said...

Life, unfortunately, doesn't ever seen to go according to plan.

I bet 27 doesn't seem that old anymore does it? Happy Birthday!!!

nancy said...

Happy birthday girl! And congrats on the weight loss!