Friday, September 11, 2009

Goodbye Satan, Hello ?

So it is official: I am leaving the evil company that I work for. My last day is next Thursday. I can't wait to be done. This whole week it was hard to find the motivation to go in since I hate the place so much.

As of September 25 I will be working for Verizon in one of their call centers. It isn't a company that I plan on making my career with at this point, but it is a definite step up. I will go from my crappy part-time job to a position that is full- time. I will be making almost twice as much as I currently do. Plus, I will have benefits.

The part that I am the most excited about are the benefits. They start my first day of work. That means that in the next month I will be able to see a doctor and start to figure out why Soren and I haven't been able to have kids. I will also be able to catch up on stuff like dental work. It has been years since I have seen a dentist. My poor teeth are way overdue for a professional cleaning.

The call center for Verizon is also really close to where I live so I will have a much shorter commute. I think I am going to ride our scooter to work until it starts getting really rainy. I am just so excited to be finding a position that will allow us to pay down some debt and move on with infertility treatments.

I hope that Verizon will be a great company to work for and that I will do well in my new position.

12 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

Woo hoo! Change can be a good thing. I hope you like your new job and get to use your benefits right away.

Good luck!

Robin said...

My FIL used to work for them in Florida! He loved it. There is defintiely opportunities there to work your way up. At my old job I used to go to their call center near us to set up for Employee Health Fairs. They seemed like a good company, responsible and caring about their employess. Sounds like a score to me! Good luck!

Steph said...

Woohoo for you! Esp for the benefits! :) I still have 3 months left until I get mine...

Ummm, have you ever worked in a call center before? It's decent work, but I must warn you that people can be real "jerks" to people on the phone. Sometimes just because they can! Anyway, best advice I ever got for it was 'their words only have power if you give them power'.

Hopefully those will be rare though. You will probably get more who are thankful that they can understand you! :)

Julie said...

Yes, I have worked in a call center before. I worked for Amazon.com before we moved back to California in January.

I know that people can definitely be jerks sometimes. I just try to focus on the people I am able to help. I totally know what you mean about people being grateful that they can understand you. I would have people tell me all the time that they were excited they could understand me.

^J^ said...

Awesome! Congrats on the new job and the benefits....Wooo-Hooo =)

Misty Dawn said...

Yay for leaving your awful job and starting to get some treatment for TTC. (((HUGS))) through your transition!!

Miss Tori said...

Congrats on the new job! Yea for benefits! I hope all works out well for you two.

Megan said...

Yeah Julie!! Friday's your last day at Marshall's, right? What a great way to end the summer, a better job, benefits.

Have you been up to Apple Hill yet? I figured not since there hasn't been a post about the wonderfulness that is Apple Hill. (Please excuse my made up word. I was at work for 11 hours yesterday, it's done something to my brain!)

Anyway, I hijacked your comments because I haven't called you back yet. I'll relinquish control, and call you tonight!

The Shaffers said...

Yea for the new job! I hope you like it. And a BIGGGGG yea for the benifits, i really hope that you can get things figured out and make a plan to get you preggo! I pray for you girl, i really hope things work out!

Steph said...

Hi Julie! What's new? How's the job going? Thanks for all the comments, they let me know you're still around. :)

Give us an update! (((hugs)))

stonebrookcottage said...

Julie i found your blog!!! YEAH!!! i am obviously more excited about this than necessary.

The JNJ Hasleton's said...

congrats on 13 pounds!

we did do the project. everyone had to leave at 8, so I cleaned up around that time. I still have some to work on if you're interested.