Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Goodbye Mole

I went into my doctor today to have a mole checked. The mole is right next to one of my boobs and has been bothering me lately. I had the mole for as long as I can remember and it hasn't changed or anything. It just seems like my bra started rubbing it the wrong way.

The doctor looked at it and said it looked okay, but that she wanted to remove it since it's been bothering me. I've had a mole removed in the past so I didn't think much of it. I don't remember it hurting so much afterward last time though. I'm not sure what she did, but it is really sore and puffy. It was just removed this morning and I cleaned it tonight so I don't think it is infected or anything.

To top it all off I am kind of mourning the loss of the mole. I'm not sure where this is coming from considering I don't really like any of my moles. Maybe it is just because I had the mole for so long that it feels like I lost a piece of my childhood. I know that sounds weird. After all, it's only a mole. I'll get over it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL..mourning the loss of mole ! I hope it heals up good for you.

Heather said...

That sounds kinda scary. Sorry if you don't know who I am, I started following your blog from the WebMd website.

Megan said...

It's probably hurting because your bra is rubbing the "wound" the way it was rubbing the mole. Hope it heals quickly so the pain will stop!

Robin said...

Awww.. sorry you're sad about it. I can understand that thought. It's probably something you've been looking at for a long time and now it's gone.

I hope you feel better soon!