Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Family Reunion

This last weekend we had a major family reunion on my dad's side of the family. It included all the family since my great-grandparents came to the U.S. from England 100 years ago.They had 8 children including my grandmother. One of my dad's cousins did a tally and there are over 400 descendents. We had about 200 at the reunion. I knew very few people, but was excited to see the people I do know. 

I was most excited about seeing my cousin Julia (she is really the daughter of my dad's cousin and I'm not sure of the exact title of how we're related so I just say she is my cousin). We are two months apart in age and we met when we were 6. Since then we have been really good friends. It is amazing how sometimes we will go years without seeing each other, yet we still get along so well. I flew out to Utah for her wedding and she came out to California for mine. I love her to pieces and she is one of the best friends I could ask for.

It was a great weekend, but I'm glad to be home in my own bed again. We drove all day on Thursday, were there for 2 days and then drove back on Sunday. 

No comments: