Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Getting Into the Swing of Things

I have been working from 2-11pm for several months now and have been hating it. I still can't say that I love working nights, but I'm starting to enjoy it more. It is kind of nice being able to make appointments that I don't have to take off work for. Plus, having Mondays and Tuesdays off gives me the chance to get stuff done when there aren't as many people out and about.

I have loved my last two days off. I have been so productive and yet I feel relaxed too. I am almost done with the laundry, I started some spring cleaning yesterday, I got the grocery shopping done, and dinner is in the crockpot. I feel like a regular Suzy Homemaker!

I used to think that it would drive me crazy being a stay at home wife/mom. However, now I'm not so sure. I get a wonderful sense of accomplishment from cleaning the house and taking care of my family.

Well, there is more to do. Just wanted to pop in a say hi and that I'm doing well. I hope this good mood and attitude lasts.

6 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

You have been productive, haven't you? I need that to brush off on me!

Misty Dawn said...

Congrats on cleaning and shopping! YAY for a good day!

^J^ said...

Glad you are having a good day! I need some of that positive attitude, but not too much or my brain wouldn't know what to do with it. Haha!

Hope you feel more settled into 2nd shift....Where are you working, or if you don't want to answer that what kind of work do you do??

Julie said...

I work in a call center as a Customer Service Rep for Verizon.

Megan said...

Sorry I missed your call yesterday. Work has been awful, I've been cleaning up a lot of messes. I've been really wiped out.

I agree that staying home full-time would probably drive me crazy, but being home most of the time would be great!

Steph said...

I'm not too fond of 2nd shift, but it is good for getting stuff done. Also, we slow down in the evening, so you can bring stuff to read. :)

Though a bunch of us could probably swap "callers suck" stories, call center work is not that bad.