Tuesday, March 9, 2010

It Didn't Last

A week ago I was feeling so upbeat and optimistic about life. The following week hasn't been so great. I have found myself feeling stressed out about my job again and just kind of down.

It hasn't helped that I haven't been feeling that good. I stayed home from work on Sunday. Mainly I was feeling really feverish, but another part of me just didn't want to deal with work. Yesterday was spent getting a lot of rest and just a few things done.

I'm feeling a lot better today both physically and mentally. I think all the sleeping I did yesterday helped to fight off whatever bug I had. As far as my mental cure goes, I went to the Sacramento Temple.

It made me realize that the crazy things in life are so insignificant and helped me to focus on more important things. I have really been trying to fix my relationship with God lately. I have felt so distant from religion. I feel like I am starting to get back on track. I have decided that I need to get back into the habit of reading scriptures every day and for now at least I am going to attend the temple once a week. I am going through a tough time lately for whatever reason and I need the Lord's strength to help me through.

So, my great mood from last week didn't last. However, I'm picking myself up, brushing myself off, and continuing on.

10 comments:

Melis.sa said...

I know, I always find such comfort when I turn to God and yet I always seem to turn away from him.

I hope your good mood returns.

elephantscanremember said...

I hope you get better soon and are able to stay there.

(Hugs)

Good for you on working on your relationship. I am doing the same and I feel so much better.

Steph said...

(((HUGS)))

I hope you're feeling better soon. Getting better will probably help, I think being sick tends to aggrivate blah feelings.

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you are mending fences with your religion. It does make you feel better once you go back to church doesn't it ?

Just take one day at a time....((HUGS))))

Jennifer Rae said...

I am glad you made it to the temple!

Heather said...

I love the Sacramento temple! My brother in law was sealed there to his wife. Glad you went. DH and I went to the temple a couple of weeks ago and it was so peaceful.

Misty Dawn said...

((((HUGS))) Hope you feel better soon girl!

Megan said...

The temple always helps me feel better, too. I haven't been in a while. I hope you're able to keep going weekly, that would feel so great.

^J^ said...

Glad you're trying to find your way back. I know I need too as well.

Unknown said...

I am sorry to hear that you were having a bad week. I am really happy that you are finding your way back. I know you can do it you are awesome!!!