Friday, March 20, 2009

Pictures of future yumminess

As requested I'm posting some more pictures of the veggies I'm growing. My little tomato sprouts that I posted a picture of before didn't really make it. There are only 3-4 of all of them that I planted that survived. I was so sad. The guy at the nursery thinks that the fertilizer I mixed into the soil was too much for them. The daycare my best friend takes her baby to has the theme "spoiled with love." The thought that comes to mind in the case of my tomato sprouts is "killed with love." I did everything I could possibly think of to help them grow and thrive, but I guess it was overkill.














The good news in the midst of this tomato tragedy is some of the other things I planted are absolutely thriving. My bell peppers are doing great. They are starting to get more leaves than just the two that all sprouts start out with. You can't really see the leaves that well in this picture, but overall don't they look so green and happy.


As far as the tomatoes are concerned I gave up trying to grow them from seeds this year and went out and bought a few plants. The plants are doing really good so far. They are even starting to flower.










I am also very excited about our fruit trees. Today I noticed that they are getting leaves. It is good to know that we planted them in the ground correctly. Here are pictures are the peach and plum tree. We also planted an apple tree that is budding, but it doesn't have any leaves yet.
We still have a ton more to plant including: baby carrots, green onions, green and yellow string beans, sugar snap peas, zucchini, cantaloupe, and watermelon. Hopefully we will have a ton of delicious produce this summer and fall. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Jennifer Rae said...

Yeah for growing things. That is awesome!

Unknown said...

Hey! Thats so exciting! I love growing garden things. Thats sweet.