Tuesday, March 24, 2009

My Arch-Nemesis, The Shower

I love showers. There is nothing like a nice shower to help me wake up and start my day. That being said: My shower hates me. I don't know where our relationship went south. I have been nothing but good to it. Despite this fact my shower has been trying to make my life miserable over the last week.

It all started with the water getting colder no matter how much I turned the cold water down. And mind you, this was at the beginning of my showers. No one else had showered to use all of the hot water either. Whenever I turned down the cold water it would get warmer for a few seconds and then go ice cold again. I had to just take as quick of showers as I possibly could to not freeze my butt off.

I guess the evil shower decided that this tactic wasn't working well enough since I hadn't completely left and changed tactics. I had a couple days of blissfully perfect water conditions and then things went bad again. This time it wasn't cold water, but hot.

There I was taking a nice warm shower when all of the sudden the water turned scorching hot. I immediately jumped out of the water and had to call Soren to adjust the water for me since there was no way I was going to go back into the water to reach the knobs. I have no idea why this happened. No one had flushed a toilet or anything. The shower tried to burn me several days in a row and I barely escaped with my skin intact.

Now the shower has gone back to treating me nice. It is probably just trying to figure out its next attack.

4 comments:

Steph said...

Yikes! Showers are supposed to be our best friends (right up there w/diamonds & chocolate). Do you rent? Get on someone about getting that fixed before it kills you!

Misty Dawn said...

ooooo scary!! Its out to get you!

Megan said...

You're always welcome to come use our shower if you want. It's kinda far away for a shower, though!

The Shaffers said...

THis post made me laugh! Glad your shower is being nice to you again!
Thanks for you comment! And no i didnt get very big with Hannah. It took forever to show with her too.. I think i carry in my back or something, cause im only 5'2, so theres not much room in there for a baby.. So hows things going with your TTC and IF stuff??