Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a crazy afternoon

Soren and I were out running some errands this afternoon. The first place we stopped at ruined most of our plans for the rest of the day. We were getting back into our SUV and when I put the key in the ignition it broke off. I don't know how it happened. I wasn't being rough with the key and I hadn't even tried to turn it yet. As far as I know my key looked like it was in perfect condition before.

Luckily we have AAA so we called them and they sent out a locksmith to extract the broken piece of a key that was stuck in the ignition. It took them about an hour to get there. They ended up making me a new key too.

I didn't know that we were going to get another key and Soren hadn't brought his keys so I walked home to get his keys. We weren't too far away from home so it wasn't too big of a deal to walk home. Still, by the time I got there I was really thirsty and had to pee really bad.

The craziest part of all of it was the locksmith charged $120 for coming out and he was only there for about 10 minutes. We only had to pay $20 and AAA covered the rest, but still that is a ridiculous amount of money to charge. I guess these kinds of places figure they can charge whatever they feel like because people don't have any other option.