Monday, December 14, 2009

Crawling Around in the Attic

I was a very busy girl this last Friday. I ran all kinds of wiring to remote locations of our attic. Our bluray player has the ability to connect to Netflix so we can watch movies instantly. However, in order to enable this ability we either had to spend $100 on a little device that would connect to a WiFi connection from our internet, or run cable from our internet connection to the player. Being frugal we decided we would rather spend $25 on 150 feet of cable and run it through our attic. Of course this meant I had to get up in the attic to run the wire since I am the smaller one between the two of us.

I definitely made up for the fact that I hadn't exercised in a while. I used muscles I didn't know I even had. I'm still sore from trying to balance myself on my stomach without falling through the ceiling and doing acrobatics to navigate the air ducts.

The most exciting part of it all was when I got myself stuck between 2 beams. I had successfully gotten the first half of myself through but couldn't wedge my butt through the tight space. Then to top it off I couldn't get out the way I came. This is when I started to panic. I was laying there crying and thinking about the fact that Soren would have to call the fire department so they could rip the roof off and use a crane to get me out. Soren told me to just focus on breathing and work on getting dislodged in a few minutes. Obviously I got out eventually, but when I was stuck I really didn't think there was anyway I was going to get out.

I think it will be a while before I offer to do any projects that involve getting in the attic.

3 comments:

Megan said...

I'm still impressed at all the work you did in the attic! Yeah for instant viewing on your TV!

Hope you have a good week!

(PS: I think this is the first time I've commented first)

Misty Dawn said...

OMG I can't believe Soren let you do that! LOL DH won't let me even go in the attic b/c I'm so klutzy! He is terrified I'll fall through. LOL I'm glad you got out w/out the fire dept.

Misty Dawn said...

OMG I can't believe Soren let you do that! LOL DH won't let me even go in the attic b/c I'm so klutzy! He is terrified I'll fall through. LOL I'm glad you got out w/out the fire dept.