Monday, August 11, 2008

And It Poured!

If there is anything I will miss here in North Dakota it would be the awesome thunderstorms. It is one of the coolest things you can experience. The amount of rain that can come rushing out of the sky is unbelievable. It was raining a lot this afternoon. I think I was in the rain for about two seconds and I got drenched.
There were huge puddles in the road. It reminds me of two years ago. It was just after Soren and I had moved here. We had a classic down pour and one of the major roads near our apartment was flooded with a few feet of water. We own an SUV and we were having fun driving through it and spraying all kinds of water everywhere. Well, one of the times I was driving through I didn't realize that the car driving the opposite direction we were had their windows down. By the time I realized it was too late. The image of that guy holding his hands up to the window to hold back the water will always be etched in my memory and it still makes me laugh uncontrollably. Did he really think that he would be able to hold the water back with his hands?
I absolutely love the rain. I never use an umbrella. The feeling of raining hitting my skin makes me happy in a way that I can't explain. About a week ago we had an amazing thunderstorm. It was the kind that you could feel even inside of a building. The rain was coming down so hard it looked like a waterfall coming out of the sky. I had the irresistible urge to play in the rain. I tried to convince Soren to play in the rain with me, but he said no. So, I went without him. I kicked the water in massive puddles and danced in the rain. It was so much fun! We need more thunderstorms like that for me to play in.

No comments: