Friday, August 8, 2008

My prospects are looking up

So, for those of you who don't know: I decided to quit my job a few weeks ago. I haven't been happy there for the last few months. The hours suck and the pay is horrible. Well, something happened a couple of weeks ago that was the last straw. I put in my two weeks notice and started looking for something new.
I have put in what seems like a ton of applications, but I haven't heard back from that many places. I was begining to think that I was going to be stuck at TJ Maxx. Well, yesterday I got a message from a place that I had applied to a few weeks ago. They said they have some openings and are looking to hire some people really soon. I had a phone interview today and at the end the woman told me she would pass on my info and someone would contact me in the next week. Well, two hours later I got a call back to set up a face to face interview.
How awesome am I that it only took two hours for them to call me back for another interview. The pay would be pretty good. (For North Dakota anyway.) I really hope I get the job. I am so ready to be done with retail and dealing with Canadians. (If you haven't already heard me rant about how horrible Canadians are as customers I'll have to share that with you some day.)
Anyway, I'm excited about the possibility of getting a new and better job. Wish me luck.

No comments: