Thursday, August 7, 2008

Scooter issues

So, Soren and i decided to buy a scooter. We bought it online because it was a whole lot cheaper that way. It took about a week to arrive and we were anxiously waiting that whole time. When it did arrive we thought that it would be ready to go. Not so fast!
The battery they sent us was bad. So after calling every place in town to look for a new battery we found one place that had it in stock, but they want $100 for it. We called the company that we bought the scooter from and asked if they could send us another battery. They didn't have any in stock, but they said they would reimburse us if we bought one locally. So, we got our battery finally, got it all charged and then hooked it up thinking that would fix everything. The scooter wouldn't start. Then we discovered something must be loose in the wiring. The scooter would start sometimes, but then it would die.
After calling the company again we found out that sometimes wiring came loose during shipping. They told us that we could have it looked at and that they would pay the costs after we paid $100. We decided it was ridiculous to have to pay more money for a brand new scooter and that maybe we could find the problem. We bought a tester at Walmart and started testing the connections on the bike. It ended up that the fuse was broken. You couldn't tell by looking at it because it was broken right under the metal end cap.
So after a few issues the scooter was working great. I rode around on it like crazy that night and had a ton of fun. Little did I know that would not be the end of our scooter issues.
The next day when I was at work I got a call from Soren saying he needed me to pick him up. I said "Okay, as soon as I get off work." He said "No, I need you to come get me now." He told me he had crashed the scooter and it wasn't drivable. So I told them at work that my husband have been in an accident and I needed to leave right then.
Here it is a week later and the scooter is being looked at to see how much it will cost to fix it. I hope that the damages aren't enough for it to be totaled. At least we have insurance so we will only have to pay $50 of the costs.
Good grief! Hopefully after this we won't have any more issues with the scooter.

No comments: