Friday, August 22, 2008

Success

After a month of looking for a new job I finally got one. I was really beginning to think that I was going to be stuck at TJ Maxx until we moved back to California. This morning I got a call from Amazon. I went on an interview there yesterday afternoon. It pays $1.50 more per hour than I am currently being paid. I will be working Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Saturday which works perfect with my school schedule of having classes Tuesday and Thursday. Orientation is this next Wednesday and then I start training on September 2nd.
I'm really excited about having a new experience. I really hope that it will be a good one.
One of the best things about this job is that it is only seasonal, so I won't have to feel bad about working there for four months and then quiting. This job will be ending about the same time that we will be leaving for California.
Yay for me! I will now be raking in the big bucks.

2 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah Julie!!! That's great that you'll be getting paid so much more. That's almost like CA wages! How many hours per week? Congrats!

elephantscanremember said...

Good for you! I hope you like this job as much as you disliked the other one.