Monday, August 11, 2008

Husbands...Can't live with them, can't live without them

Okay, I suppose I shouldn't have two posts in one day, but I just had to share this. Soren and I have different jobs when it comes to taking care of things around the house. Dishes are usually his job. Laundry is always my domain. We help each other out when needed.
Well, today I didn't get the chance to finish the laundry because I had to go to work. Soren being the wonderful man he is offered to do it for me. I didn't really think about until I was going in to bed. I was in the process of unbuttoning my jeans to get changed into my jammies and I casually asked him if he had finished the laundry. He looks up at me and says "don't take off your pants!"
He had left our whites down in the laundry room of our apartment building. So, I go down the stairs hoping that no one has removed our undies from the dryer because they needed to use it. (The laundry room of our apartment building only has two washers and one dryer.) Luckily the clothes were still safe in the dryer.
I just find it funny because this is a common occurrence when Soren finishes up the laundry for me. I will be leaving for work and I tell him the clothes in the dryer will be done in 15 minutes (or however long it is) and ask him to bring them up. I get home 5 or 6 hours later and where are the clothes? Are they in our apartment where they should be? No, they are in the laundry room still.
I can't tell you how many times I have gone down there after work to find our clothes sitting in our laundry basket or on top of the washer. Thank goodness that I always do the whites first so that it is at least only our shirts and pants that people are touching. It will be so nice to eventually have our own washer and dryer so that we don't have to worry about remembering to pull our clothes out of the dryer before someone else does.

No comments: