Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving Day

Elizabeth got a hold of the pot holders and I thought it was so cute watching her walk around with them that I just had to get a picture.


Anna and Dusty Butler

Yummy food!

The main event: The Turkey!

I thought it was time that I actually put some pictures up from Thanksgiving. We got together with some friends and had a small event. We all divided up who would do what and then we all ate at Dallin and Mckensie Pierson's apartment.

We started off the day by going shooting. I guess it is somewhat of a tradition for Dusty Butler. It would have been a lot fun usually, but it was just so cold that morning. I think Anna and I spent half the time in her SUV trying to warm up.

I was in charge of cooking the turkey since we have a roasting pan. My original plan was to put it in the oven before we went shooting at 8am, but I didn't because then it would have been done almost two hours early. I thought we would only be out shooting for an hour and that there would be plenty of time to cook it once we got back. Unfortunately I wasn't really keeping track of the time. I didn't notice the time until about 9:45. As soon as I realized the time I told Soren that we needed to leave. He said: "Okay, it 10-15 minutes." I had to tell him "No, we need to leave NOW!" We ended up eating later than we originally planned because the turkey wasn't ready. We ate at about 2:30. Hopefully people weren't too mad at me for pushing back eating from 1:00.
I also made the best rolls ever. Natalie Clark was nice enough to give me the recipe and they turned out so good. Every one loved them. All of the food was good enough to stuff yourself. However, oddly enough none of us seemed to able to eat that much. It made for a lot of delicious left overs though.
Last of all I would like to express the things I am grateful for. There are so many things I could list. Here are a few:
  • My wonderful husband who puts up with so much from me.
  • The fact that this is our last semester of school.
  • To be escaping North Dakota's horribly cold winters.
  • The fact that soon I will be back with family and friends I have missed so much.
  • All the people that have made our time in North Dakota a little better. Thanks for your friendship!
  • My cozy little apartment. I will miss it.
  • To be alive and well.