Thursday, September 9, 2010

Waiting Game

I'm sitting in the parking lot of the fertility clinic trying to read and wait for them to process Soren's sample.  They told me to come back in an hour.  It was going to go to the mall because it's nearby, but then I decided that wasn't a good idea because I'm so nervous that I would probably either buy a bunch of stuff or eat way too much at the food court. I still have a little over half an hour to wait for my insemination.  I'm really freaking out and thinking this probably isn't going to work.

The whole time I was driving to the clinic I was thinking about the fact that I was carrying our chance for a baby between my boobs.  I'm not sure what kind of volume is good for a sperm sample, but it just seemed so little in the huge sample cup.  I was so paranoid about keeping it the right temperature that I turned off the a/c, but then I was worried about it being too hot in the car so I turned the a/c on and just pointed it up at the ceiling so it wouldn't be directly on the sample cup.  I know I was obsessing, but I just couldn't help myself because I want this to work.

I'm going to try to stop thinking about all of this now and just enjoy my book.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

6 comments:

Steph said...

I hope this is it for you! :)

Anna and Dusty said...

So Exciting! Good Luck!!!!!

Unknown said...

I hope that everything went well! Good luck!

Jakenaddie said...

Our prayers are with you Julie and Soren!! Keep us posted!

Megan said...

Did you have to reread that section of your book? I would have been to nervous to concentrate on anything.

Julie said...

No, I didn't have to reread anything to figure out what was going on but I didn't get very far in the book either.