Friday, September 3, 2010

Ultrasound for Soren

Soren went to the urologist last week where they were supposed to find out if he has varicocele (varicose vein in the scrotum).  They just felt him up and told him they didn't feel anything and that he would need to go to radiology for an ultrasound.  Seriously, couldn't they have scheduled that before since it was the whole purpose of the appointment.  Anyway, he went to radiology this morning and had an ultrasound done of his junk.  Poor guy!  I so appreciate that he is doing all this so we have a chance of getting pregnant. He really has been such a good sport.

The ultrasound showed that he doesn't have a varicocele so who knows the reason for his low sperm count.  I'm thinking that it may have something to do with his low testosterone levels.  We'll see what the doctor says when we talk to him again.

For now we are on track for the IUI (intra-uterine insemination).  I took my last clomid pill tonight and in another two days I will start using OPKs.  In just over a week we will be doing the procedure.  I really hope that everything goes perfectly.

6 comments:

^J^ said...

WOW!! Things are moving right along for you!!! You must be so excited!! "A sport" indeed! I've never heard of a man u/s. The rings our hubby's do for us. ;)

^J^ said...

^^The things^^

Stoopid phone you're supposed to correct my typo's.

elephantscanremember said...

Yay! I am glad you're getting to move on to IUI. My fingers are crossed!!!!!!!

Melis.sa said...

I hope you get a blazing second line on that opk in a few days!! Bring on the IUI!

Robin said...

Good luck! Bring on that IUI

Holly Erhard said...

I a crossing my fingers the IUI works! And yaaa for Soren going through all that.