Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Busy Day

I talked to a nurse from the fertility clinic today and went over my test results. As I told you all before, my blood sugar and prolactin levels were a little high. She said this could be due to where I was in my cycle and that they want me to redo these two tests a couple of days into my next cycle. So, I will go back in for more blood work the end of this week most likely. We will see what they will do if the tests still come back high.

Soren hasn't gone into do his tests yet. He was going to go in this morning, but he wasn't feeling well. I guess we will just have to continue to wait to see how his side of the equation is.

Other than that stuff, today has been a busy day. It is one of my days off and so I have been trying to get a bunch of stuff done around the house. I took one of the dogs to the vet. There were a bunch of different calls I had to make about different things. I also sprayed all the weeds in the backyard with Round Up. This ended up being pretty much the whole yard since we don't have grass back there right now. We are killing the weeds, then in a week we will rototill and dig trenches for a sprinkler system. Then we will wait another week and if the weeds come back we will kill them again. After that we will put down grass seed. Hopefully in about a month we will start to have some grass sprouting in the backyard. We are going to have to put a fence up preventing the dogs from running around on most of the yard while we try to grow the grass. I'm sure they won't be happy about only being able to go on the deck and side yard.

I have also started planning my vegetable garden. I planted tomatoes, bell peppers, and green onions about a week ago in the seed starting trays. In about another 6-8 weeks I will be able to transfer them into the garden outside. I'm being very ambitious this year on what we are going to grow. We will have 4 different types of tomatoes, bell peppers, jalapenos, baby carrots, green onions, 2 types of beans, peas, 3 different types of lettuce, strawberries, zucchini, 3 types of melons, etc. I plan to be eating a lot of fresh produce this spring and summer. Anyone that lives close to me will probably be given a ton of food.

Well, I better get back to my chore list for the day. I still have to make one more call, go grocery shopping, do laundry and dishes, then start something for dinner. So much for today being a day off to relax.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Your garden sounds awesome! My husband grows all sorts of things, too. I don't have the patience for it myself.

Good luck with your future test results... I hope it was just a fluke the higher numbers..

Megan said...

I'm excited to be one of the recipients of the bounty of your garden! I think all we're planting this year are strawberries in the dog run area. Are you borrowing your rototiller or buying one?

^J^ said...

Wowzers! Can you come to my house...,I have a long list of chores and no ambition. Your garden sounds amazing, wish I had a green thumb!

I'm glad you are moving forward with tests. I hope you only have good results!!