Friday, February 12, 2010

The Test Results are Pouring In

As I told you yesterday, I went and had bloodwork done. Most of the test results are back. Most everything is in the normal range. My fasting glucose (blood sugar) was a tiny bit high. I had it tested a couple of months ago and it was normal then so I'm not too worried. My progesterone level was 13.1 which seems pretty good. I found that it supposed to be 2-25 ng/mL at this point in my cycle.

The one thing I am worried about is that my prolactin levels came back high. The normal range is 3-30 ng/mL and I came back with 47. I found out that prolactin is usually high in pregnant and breast feeding women. I'm definitely not in either of those categories, so I'm worried that my test result was so much higher than what is normal. Maybe my body thinks it's not suppose to get pregnant right now and that's why I haven't been able to. I guess I will just have to wait and see what the doctor says about my results.

8 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

He will prob put you on a med for the high prolactin and give you a 2hr GTT to see if its still elevated. The prolactin can def be an issue, but its a simple fix! For the sugar, prob metformin. :) Happy to see you are getting answers!

elephantscanremember said...

Yay for answers! I am glad you're getting there. ;)

Megan said...

When do you have your drs appt?

Robin said...

If prolactin is the problem then it's not too hard to fix! Good news!

Steph said...

Aren't answers fun? I'm excited for you!!! I hope you get some fixes. :)

(our bodies are nuts! yours thinks it pg, mine thinks it needs to keep up with the boys!)

^J^ said...

Glad you are getting some answers and moving along with the whole process. Hope it's an easy fix!

Heather said...

Is the doctor going to go over your results with you?

Julie said...

Yes, they are planning on going over the info with me. They called me on Friday to go over all the results. Unfortunately I had already left for work. For some reason they called me at home, instead of on my cell.

They are going to be closed Monday for President's Day, so I will have to wait until Tuesday to call them.