Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Sock It to Me!


Some of you may know that it is "Sock It To Me" Week. About a month ago I signed up on Kym's blog. The whole idea of S.I.T.M. week is to show support for all the women we know in the Infertility community. This takes the form of being assigned one person to send a pair of socks to.

Here's the description Kym gives:
The warmth you feel from your bloggy support is a warm and fuzzy pair of snuggly socks. Take the support with you for a trip to the stirrups. Wear them when you're chasing around your battle-won little person. Put them on when you have something to celebrate or when you need a hug. Wear them as a physical reminder of all the people inside your computer who you know care for and are thinking of you.

I received my package late last week. I have to call it a package and not just a pair of socks because the person picked to send socks to me went way above and beyond. She sent me two pairs of socks, some slippers, a little massager thingy, a kit to give myself a pedi, a game, and a little keychain flashlight. Thank you Shannon, you rock! Here is a picture of all the loot I scored:

I will definitely be wearing a pair of my new socks to my HSG appt this Friday. I won't have anyone there physically to supprt me, but it means a lot to know that I have a bunch of women in cyberland who care about me and are rooting for me. I don't know what I would have done the last few years without the support of all the wonderful women I have met online. I have wonderful people around me that love and care about me, but none of them truly know what infertility is like. (I wouldn't wish it on them and am glad that they are able to have kids.)
The best part of the S.I.T.M. exchange is that I was sent a package by someone from Chicago. I loved my time in Chicago and would go back there in a heartbeat. I miss that city so much. It was so cool to feel some sort of connection to the windy city again. Thanks again Shannon. (I read the story about you looking for candy on Halsted and it cracked me up. I used to live a block away from Halsted.)

4 comments:

Steph said...

Awww, that's sweet!

Even though I didn't send you socks, I'll be with you in thought for your Hsg! :)

Shannon said...

You're welcome!

Misty Dawn said...

That is sooo cool!! What a great idea. I should register for that.

Melis.sa said...

Good luck with your HSG. Hopefully it isn't too painful. :(


I'm posting my SITM blog right now!! Thank you so much for the socks!! THEY ROCK!!