Sunday, February 21, 2010

Second Round of Test Results

I went back in on Friday as I was instructed to do and had my blood sugar and prolactin levels re-tested. This time they both came back in the normal range. My blood sugar was still on the high side of normal, but normal nonetheless. My prolactin came back right in the middle of the normal range. I guess the nurse was right and my levels were elevated due to where I was in my cycle.

One thing that kind of freaked me out when I first saw it was they also checked my hemoglobin. They didn't tell me they were going to check that and when I looked into what the test is for all the results came back with managing diabetes. I guess I will just have to wait to talk to the nurse again and see what she says. I'm pretty sure I don't have diabetes, but maybe I need to take better care of myself to make sure I don't end up with diabetes.

All of this testing is fun, not!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Glad to hear all your testing was normal. Blood tests I think really depend on so much. If you did fasting, if you didnt...just so much.
What's your next step in this journey? I forgot, are you seeing an re?

Steph said...

I'm glad those are normal, but I hope they figure out something for you soon!

M said...

Hemoglobin is just a measurement of the protein in your blood cells that carries oxygen. It's pretty standard for a doctor to check your hemoglobin and hematocrit to check for anemia.

I'm guessing that in your google search you ran across a lab test called a hemoglobin A1C which is a blood test for diabetes. The test you had (the regular hemoglobin) has nothing to do with diabetes.

Good luck!

Julie said...

Actually they did do the hemoglobin A1C that is for diabetes. I guess maybe they were trying to be precautionary since my last blood sugar results were a little high.

Megan said...

Still thinking about you, I've just been a little distracted at work and not checking blogs as much. Do you have an appointment soon?

Melis.sa said...

Hey-
I'm new to your blog-do you have PCOS? I actually just had blood work done through my endocrinologist and my fasting glucose was high and my prolactin was elevated. I had to get it re-checked (the prolactin) and it came back within the normal range but they're having me come back a third time to get it checked again.

Julie said...

I haven't been diagnosed with anything and from the charting I've done I ovulate regularly. I'm just starting to have testing done so we'll see what they come up with as the reason I can't get pregnant.