Thursday, February 11, 2010

Lab Work

I went in and had all my cycle day 21 lab work done. They took somewhere around 8 vials of blood. The tech that they had draw my blood was really good. I could barely feel the needle. In a few days we will know if I have any hormone imbalances that are preventing me from getting pregnant.

I was expecting to have to pay for all the lab work since they gave me a price sheet at the fertility seminar. However, they didn't take any payment from me. They will probably just send me a bill in the mail. Lab work is usually free on my health insurance plan, so they probably didn't catch the fact that I was suppose to pay today. Here's to hoping they never realize.

They also had me do a urine test. I'm not sure what it was for and I wasn't expecting it. I had just gone to the bathroom right before I went to the lab and so it was hard to provide a sample for them. I was in the bathroom for several minutes trying to give them a few drops to test. They ended up saying that I gave them enough to do something with, so I guess that's the important part.

Now we just need to have Soren get tested soon. I'm going to remind him today that he needs to have his little swimmers tested. I'm sure he hasn't forgotten, but is probably trying to. Next step for me is the HSG. I have to call in on the first day of my next cycle to schedule the procedure.

I'm crossing my fingers that they find something that is very easy to fix.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you are finally on your way with some testing ! Hopefully Soren's swimmers are doing just fine ;)

Megan said...

I hope it's something easy to fix, too.

I took my beading box with me to work today. I got it organized from Tuesday on my first break. I'm going to try to finish a necklace today (the same one I've been "working on" for months and that Henry dumped on the ground).

Misty Dawn said...

Yay!! I'm so happy you area getting testing done girl!!

gabsy said...

I'm so excited to read this! It's great to see that you guys are getting the ball rolling again with TTC and getting all the testing done. I hope you get answers and soon!!

Steph said...

I'm excited for you! Sounds like we're on the same path this year!

Maybe it would make our DHs feel better if we sched their SAs for the same day? ;) LOL!

I hope you get answers for an easy fix!

Robin said...

Good luck!! Here's hoping they find something...(that they can fix!)...

^J^ said...

Yay for testing!!!! Hope all results come back good!

Heather said...

Testing!! All though its annoying (i'm a needle phobe), at least you feel like things are moving forward.
Good Luck!