Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Discussion with the RN

So I actually spoke with the RN last Thursday, but I have been bad about finding time to update. When I talked to her about feeling like I was eating way too much she said that I could cut out the milk at dinner and my bed time snack. I also talked to her about my blood sugar levels. I was worried that my fasting numbers were so high in the morning. All the rest of my numbers during that day looked great, but for some reason my blood sugar is high in the morning before I eat breakfast. She had me try two nights of just having a carb and protein for my snack and then she had me do two nights of just a protein to see how that would affect my numbers. She then instructed me to call her back after I had done that.

I spoke with her again yesterday and my morning numbers are still high. It seems like my body does a little better with having some protein and fiber at night though. My lowest number was one night when I had celery and peanut butter. Our bodies are such weird things. You have to get every little factor just right for them to respond correctly.

My two weeks of dieting and monitoring my blood sugar are almost up. I have an appointment this Friday to check out the data I have collected. The nurse thinks that as long as my morning numbers are below 100 they won't put me on medicine. Here's hoping I can get them under control these last few days. This morning was 98, so I guess I'm on the right track. Hopefully I can continue to lower them. I don't want to be put on medication!

2 comments:

elephantscanremember said...

I hope your numbers continue to stay down. (hugs)

Misty Dawn said...

I hope you can do it!!