Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Talk with the Hubby

So, when Soren got home from work last night he apoligized and pretty much expressed everything I said last night in my post. I had to ask him if he had read my blog post. He hadn't so it was kind of funny that he had same thoughts as I did once he had the chance to calm down. He said he realizes that I wasn't trying to embarrass him and that he knows that my blog is kind of like a journal to me. He promised not to read it anymore unless I give him permission.

I was able to help him realize a little bit that telling people what happened with his last test wasn't an effort to embarrass him. I have become super close with a lot of the women who are experiencing infertility along with me and we all share this kind of stuff. I also reminded him that anyone that knows us in real life and reads this blog would never throw his personal info in his face.

So, I guess I will keep blogging since Soren has agreed to respect my privacy. I don't really mind him knowing what I'm posting because I'm not trying to be secretive. I just want him to keep things in perspective in the future. I think he was upset about the post about his sperm analysis because he was already feeling sensitive about the subject. I have tried to assure him that it doesn't make him any less of a man if he can't get me pregnant. I know deep down he probably does think it would make him less of a man. I can understand since many times I have felt like less of a woman because I can't have children. It isn't true, but it doesn't change my insecurities.

So, to make a long story short: we have made up and I'm not going to be leaving the blogging world anytime soon.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

So glad you two were able to talk & come to an understanding. I'm glad you won't be leaving the blog world :-)

elephantscanremember said...

I am glad things worked out. We'd miss you around here!

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear that you guys were able to work things out.

Jennifer Rae said...

Soren is a man because he can honor and respect your feelings. I am proud of both of you for talking through the hard conversations. My prayers continue for you!

Misty Dawn said...

He would totally get along with my DH. LOL As he also has to "cool down" and come to his senses, realize he was wrong and apologize. Happy to hear you will be hanging around. :)