Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Bruise on my Bum

I managed to give myself a massive bruise while at work on Saturday. It happened because I was trying to hurry and I was cutting corners. Go ahead: give me a slap on the hand. I was being a bad girl.

Want to hear the details? Ready or not here they are:

I was in the stock room trying to find a specific sheet set for a customer. The shelf with the sheets was too high for me to thoroughly look through the sheets on the back of the shelf. I didn't want to take the time to find a step stool so I just climbed the shelves.

Everything was fine until I decided to get down. I wasn't that far off the ground so I squatted a little while holding onto the shelf and then decided to hop down the rest of the way. This would have worked out perfect if there wasn't a large cloth tote ( we are talking 3 ft x 4 ft and about 4 ft deep) right behind me. Before my feet could touch the ground I landed on the corner of the tote with my left butt cheek. Oh my gosh was it painful. I had to take a minute to hold back the tears and regain composure. Then when I walked out I had to try not to walk funny.

I went in the employee restroom a while later to check out the damage. At this point the area was bright red and I knew I was going to get a pretty nasty bruise. Sure enough the whole area is now dark purple and it hurts like crazy to sit down. I think I need a pillow to sit on or something.

If only I had been more careful ... but then I wouldn't have this funny story to tell all of you. Maybe in the future I will have to tell you more stupid things I've done. Like the time I forgot to put on deodorant and thought it would be a good idea to use the air freshener at work.

6 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

Ouch! I bruise easy too, so I know how painful that is. No more climbing shelves for you!

Steph said...

Ouch! I used to get bruises at the hotel from cutting corners. Literally, I was always smacking into some dang counter top. DH would look at my hip area & ask who was beating me up! I still walk into doors sometimes.

Richelle & Mike said...

Sounds like that hurt! I'm super clumsy so I can relate. Stairs are not my friend. And bring on more stories!

Jennifer Rae said...

I get bruises all the time from clumsy things I do. thanks for sharing!

M said...

I know how you feel! I swear I am the clumsiest person. I'm always hitting the corners of countertops at work. My thighs are scattered with bruises. Doesn't help that I take aspirin either.

Hope you bum starts to feel better soon!

Anna and Dusty said...

Ooo, ouchie! But now you have a funny story to share. I hope you feel better soon.