Thursday, April 23, 2009

So Excited

A good friend from my mission is getting married in about a week. I told her months ago that I would definitely try to make it. However, lately I have been worried that I wasn't going to be able to go. I requested the time off of work only to scheduled on the day of her wedding. Over the last few days I have contemplated just calling in sick that day.

However, I'm not going to have to do that now. Everything is coming together! I found someone to take my shift at work. I am so grateful. Also, I have family connections that are getting me a discount at a nearby hotel. It is only going to be $20 a night and it is a really nice hotel. Now all I need is for my best friend to get the okay from her husband to run off with me for a few days.

The wedding is 2 states away and I'm going to hopefully be able to see a bunch of other people from my mission that I haven't seen in years. The time can't go by fast enough. All I have to say is: ROAD TRIP!

4 comments:

Steph said...

Wooo! Road trip! :) I'm glad it's flowing together for you, sounds like fun.

Misty Dawn said...

Sounds like FUN!!! I love road trips and weddings! I'm glad you were able to get things worked out at your job.....even if you didnt I like the calling out thing, it will show them! Those meanies! I don't like your job either. Are you still looking for another one??

Anonymous said...

That is great that everything worked out with work & you get to go ! Have fun & be safe !

nancy said...

How awesome! And how cool that everything is just falling into place. You were meAnt to go!