Thursday, April 2, 2009

One good thing (well maybe two)

Maybe you haven't noticed by my last few posts, but I'm feeling a bit down lately. I just don't feel I have much going for me right now. We are in a ton of debt from all the student loans we took out for school, we have no good job prospects to help us pay all these crappy loans that were supposed to help us move on to bigger and better things, and I am working for a blood sucking company.


I might have sunk into a self pity pile of worthlessness by this point if there wasn't something to look forward to. I honestly think my garden is helping me to keep going. Every day when I go out there and see how great the plants are doing it makes me feel like there is something I'm doing right in my life. It just feels so good to be able to grow and nurture something. It is also somewhat fun to play in the dirt since I never really did that as a kid. (I was a little girl that hated being dirty.) Clearing out the planter is coming along nicely and every couple days I get more and more veggies planted in it.



To all my friends out there: You keep me going too. Knowing that there are such amazing people (especially you Megan) that want to my friend helps me remember that I must be a pretty cool person myself. You all help me keep it all in perspective and realize that while things suck now they won't always.

3 comments:

Misty Dawn said...

I remember when DH got his boat certification and we couldn't find work. It was awful. All the employers wanted someone with 5yrs exp too. I mean hello? How do you get experience if you won't let me have a job!!! Yes things got better but it took a couple years and hard work. Meaning I went and got a 2nd job to help get the bills paid down. We had 20k in student loans. Right now we have about 1/2 that and it was almost 5yrs ago! Thank goodness we were able to refi one of them. Sallie Mae had it at 19% interest! OMG

((((((((HUGS)))))))

Megan said...

Your planter box is huge! You should be able to get a lot planted, even with what was cleared out on Saturday. The great thing about living in California is you can still plant stuff now and expect it to grow and be happy! Yeah for the Sunshine State (oh wait, we're the Golden State, blonde moment!)

Unknown said...

Hey! I am sorry that you have been feeling down lately. I understand. Its so nice that you have a garden to take care of. I wanted to thank you for all of you're coments that you leave me. They help cheer me up. Thank you so much. I am so glad that we are friends. :) And I know that things will get better for you.